This forum is Closed

Thread: OK Slip Falls

OK Slip Falls

Does anyone have any knowledge of OK Slip Falls and its climbing history? (or lack there of?)

I am already aware of it just having been opened to the public. I also know that there is not yet a decent and legal way to access it. (i.e. you have to 'shwack for a bit to avoid trespassing)

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.o...ck-land-access

Enjoy the picture!

I did it in the 80s - had quite a scare when the whole thing cracked as I topped out solo. One tool over lip, the other tool below, with the crack between them, running wall to wall. I could feel the entire falls settling abruptly in two different moments. After the second settling, the crack was almost an inch across, with loud water underneath. My partner, Jeff Edwards, was setting up a rap, and he was able to toss me a line to grab just in case the thing blew as I was topping. I was close to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by kbomb4286 View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge of OK Slip Falls and its climbing history? (or lack there of?)

I am already aware of it just having been opened to the public. I also know that there is not yet a decent and legal way to access it. (i.e. you have to 'shwack for a bit to avoid trespassing)

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.o...ck-land-access

Enjoy the picture!

The stuff legends such as yourself are made of, though I don't aspire to put myself in your situation. I wonder nowadays whether jems like this will freeze to a high quality climb ever again. Any idea on the grade? 4+? 5? Also, it's one long pitch, right? 220 ft?

kbomb,

Check your PMs

Kbomb...now you know about the gem! Did you take any pictures of OK Slip in your reconnoitering mission?