This forum is Closed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shoestring

Shoestring

Anyone been on shoestring lately?

I was up there on Monday... Not too much snow to wade thru and plenty of ice.

Did it on Saturday. Great conditions.

Can you start up the Mt. Webster trail and cut across at the base to go up the gully? Or is it best to walk up the road. Don't want to park up there and get my car towed.
    Thanks!

We parked a little north of the Ethan Pond trail head (plowed spot on the road) Trail is there just climb over the snow bank to see it. Conditions on Saturday 3/2 were great.

Good to know. Lucky you didn't get towed. They've been threatening towing anyone who parks there this winter. Last weekend was gorgeous! Glad you had a great time out!

shoestring still good?

anybody have an educated opinion on whether shoestring is still in decent condition after this rain/thaw today? thinking about making the trip up there tomorrow...

Was good but full of snow on Saturday 3/9.

did a quick run up on monday. good amount of ice in the middle sections, alot of snow at the bottom and top but pretty stepped out. it was almost 50 on monday so it was a one shirt day very enjoyable. not sure what this rain did could be slushie.

Climbed it today... awesome conditions and would really recommend you climb it before its gone. 4 pitches of solid ice and the rest snow. It was awesome!