Thread: Info on fall

Info on fall

Hi,

I stumbled on this gif the other day:

and can't find a full video or the story on what happened. Does anyone recognize this?

I read it's Urs Odermatt, on Hydrophobia in Brunnital(Switzerland), 7. March 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH1e88Zbxzw

Apparently it's Guillaume Vallot in "Québec Givré". http://vimeo.com/13713578. Not sure what the climb is though

I believe it is called "Canelloni du curé"...that loosely translates to "The preacher's canelloni". He got away with a broken rib and some facial lacerations according to a report. Lucky S.O.B.!

Oh my God, If that is Canneloni du Cure, that must have been one of the most terrifying experiences a climber could have. That is one of the most impressive climbs on the eastern seaboard, (right Doug?). It wasn't in when Q and I were there, but its whole position and setting are astounding!

thanks guys! I was hoping for a few more seconds of footage, but apparently they don't exist :-)

I'm sure they do exist, you just have to buy their movie.

hmmm, I now feel better about rapping off Crazy Diamond 30' below the top on Sun.!

Movie is still available (used to be, at least) in Europe. One should check accordingly on the web. Not exactly the kind of movie you want your wife to watch, though.

Personnally I tried to tell her that he walked away only shocked and lightly bruised, but that didn't seem to score. God knows why.