Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: R.i.p.

R.i.p.

Szot !

Dear Joe,
    If it wasn’t for you I would have never climbed so much and partied so much in the Adirondacks, but most importantly I would not have ever laughed and been inspired so much to live and enjoy life to the fullest.

Rest in peace my friend...

Joe had so much energy! I remember many late nights at the Bivy, and with complaints from up stairs to go to bed, he would say "you can sleep when your dead". He never wanted to miss out on the Fun! Joe lived life to it's fullest....Time to sleep Joe....RIP.

I didn't know Joe very well - I'd only met him a few times at the Bivy, but he was always friendly and welcoming. I'm so sorry. He will be missed.

I think his "if you don't like it - leave" sums up his life very well
    R.I.P. Joe

Holy Shite... wtf?

Rest in peace....

Condolences to family and friends..

We will have a get together this saturday night at the bivy for him. If you knew him, please come if you can. I'll get a keg or four. And be ready for rollies.

and these visions of Johanna are now all that remain. RIP Joe

http://youtu.be/JKhM-Ed8R8k 03-18-95 Visions of Johanna Grateful Dead

Poser
    My first encounter.

When I finally got my ass over to the Dack's, Doug, Ted & I stopped by the Bivy. I was excited and a little worried. News of the Bivy and of Szot had been known to me for some time. I stood quietly, watching the scene and listened as one should do when they meet a legend. The subject switched from climbing to golf. I struggled to listen. The Dead were ripping up some song that was being played two clicks louder than the sound system liked. Hearing what was said was not necessary for Joe is very animated. Joe Szot playing golf, now thats a vision.

People say I have energy. I'm a little paper match compared to the raging forest fire of energy Joe has. If there is an afterlife, they are getting schooled by Joe Szot right now.

My thoughts go out to those that knew the man close. The world will be a bit less bright with his flame elsewhere.

Peace!
    ~AC
    I'm on the lamb, but I ain't no sheep

RIP Joe. Have fun with your next version of the trilogy up there....