Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Health advise

This forum is Closed

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Health advise

Health advise

So I was wondering why I was running a low grade fever and feeling like I couldn't breath, so I took a ride courtesy of a friend over to the ER where they quickly got me into a room and started poking me with needles etc...

Turns out I have Pneumonia, a slight case of bronchitis and pharyngitis (a fancy term for sore throat)

My question is, along with the meds there pumping me with, any one else know how to speed up recovery besides R and R?

I tested how pneumonia effects climbing and tried to lead a 5.7 route today and was out of breath and pumped halfway up... Guess they don't mix. Anyways im done with rock climbing until the spring anyways, so ideas on recovery besides rest and meds? Anyone have success with herbal stuff?

I of course would consult with my DR before starting any of what was said, but would like to approach him with the idea when I see him again this week.

Re: Health advise

My strategy is usually R&R until not quite healed, then climb and reinjure.

Hey Cory,
    Bummer about the pneumonia. I actually had 2 bouts of pneumonia last winter, of course both when I was on break and looking to climb a lot. It takes a lot out of you and is definitely worth the rest. I climbed through it but definitely did not feel anywhere near where I usually do. Leading 4s was downright hard, and following harder kicked my ass.

Given the weather forecast for this week and beyond, especially considering how close you are to good ice. I'd give it a rest for 2 weeks. I pushed it too hard and paid with missing great climbing days and almost blowing my training for Alaska.

Sleep a lot, eat turkey, eat left over turkey, and come early December when things are really in you'll be ready to go.

Sorry to hear you're ailing. Maybe now would be a good time to get your screws (and frontpoints) tuned up, eh?

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]

Haha, yeh I figured, eat turkey till I pass out....

Im heading home until December for break, so I won't be tempted to get out on thin crap until I get back anyways which in a way is a blessing in disguise. And I did notice there is some correlation to being sick and your ability to lead....hmmm

Mike yeah lol. I haven't gotten around to it yet because im short on dough at the moment. Maybe after the break I will have some saved up so I can get you them [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]

Cory there are no ways to really speed up recovery. Get plenty of fluids and rest up.

Pneumonia is serious. That shit leaves a scar in your lungs and keeps re-occuring at the same spot. I had one when I was 12, and had one couple of years ago as an adult. Went on a long run on a cold November day while being sick with cold - ended up being sick for 6 weeks, went through 5 different antibiotic regimens. My GI tract was effed for months after that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cory</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anyone have success with herbal stuff? </div></div>

I have a lot of success with herbal stuff, but in your case I think that scotch might work better. I would go with something pure and strong like a Macallan Cask Strength.

Is there anything that Scotch does not work for?

It's bad at saving relationships. Trust me. If you're going to drop the dough on a pneumonia cure as time-tested and reliable as good scotch, at least get Oban.