PDA

View Full Version : SNP report

virginiapine
12-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Just enough at the highest elevations to make it worth the hike - and the hike this morning was gorgeous with the new snow, and then climbing up high with more snow falling, six inches by the time I started down. The temperatures look good until Thursday night, hopefully I can get out sometime this week again...

jonathan.hudson7
01-02-2014, 10:38 AM
I was at little stony man on the 31st. The thaw hit it pretty hard, but with this weeks forecast, it should shape up quite nice.

pcorridon
01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
I was at little stony man on the 31st. The thaw hit it pretty hard, but with this weeks forecast, it should shape up quite nice.

I've been rock climbing there for years but have never given it a thought for ice. I know one of the chimneys can be pretty wet at times but I'm really surprised to hear that someone actually climbs ice there.

makarra2
01-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Ditto. Actually I'd respectfully ask people to refrain from using tools at LSM. There's been some instance of scratches matching dry-tooling practices and that was frown upon by the Park. There are plenty of places more secluded with good ice and also available for mixed climbing in the park. LSM is a well known and established rock climbing area with tons of non-climbers traffic. We don't want to attract unwanted attention, right?

So please, reconsider your options.

Thanks.

Cheers, Antonio.

spot6878
01-27-2014, 04:23 PM
According to NPS LE Rangers the marks left by dry tooling could cause you to be charged with vandalism and destruction of government property. Use our resources wisely so that we can continue to use them.
Sean