PDA

View Full Version : Damage reports

Jacon
01-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Who's got 'em?

administrator
01-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Went by Crawford notch and Cathedral today...stuff is hanging in but a lot of damage done on south facing and thin lines.

Cathedral: It was coming in great but it took a big hit! Lets hope this next cold spell sets things up again.

Jacon
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Seems like we might get building temps in a couple areas starting late tomorrow.... let's hope.

KathyS
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM
My boots, ropes and 5 pairs of gloves are still drying out from swimming up several routes at NFOP on Saturday. The ice was still good, but getting a bit mushy by the end of the day. A few of my leader's screws were a bit rattly in their holes by the time I cleaned 'em.

TCD
01-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Climbed a little south facing slab on Saturday. It took screws, but my gut told me I was soloing. Spot about 3/4 of the way up had melted out to the rock, and I was REALLY happy to find a small stopper placement!

It's definitely getting cold again (although it's only down to 30F now in Keene), but I think a lot will depend on how much water is left. That was a prolonged thaw, and the last couple days there has been a LOT of water leaving via the brooks and rivers. A few inches of new snow would help, but there really isn't anything in the forecast.

rockrock513
02-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Can anyone give speculation on ice for the weekend of 3/8/13?