PDA

View Full Version : Tuckerman Ravine 12-15-12

Xcrag_coreX
11-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Climbed the open book section right of center all the way up to the Tucks trail. Took 13s and 16s in some places. Typical early season conditions. Some thin stuff and some running water. a little shedding in the afternoon warmth...this week may do a number on some of it.....bring on the cold!!!!

leaf
11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
right on. i was looking into tucks on my way down lions head and wondered if it had been climbed. yes, let's hope not too much ice destruction occurs over this week.. but as it was, the gullies in huntington that receive plentiful sunlight were baking within hours yesterday.

spydermonkey
12-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Anyone get on Tuckerman's this last weekend? Hopefully it's not too nasty from this warm weather!

wackamole
12-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Climbed on the Tux headwall on 12/2/12. Covered in ice, beautiful from afar, lots of water spouts and ice-over-snow up close. MW Avy Ctr website has good photos. I'm sure it's much wetter now, at least temps are dropping a bit.

Adventure Spirit
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Was up in Tuckerman Ravine for an alpine training workshop with a group this weekend. The lack of snow made for some impressive ice, with several parties enjoying up to 3 pitches of WI2-WI-4 climbing. Obviously recent conditions have had an effect, but with cooling in the next few days it will probably look similar again soon. The photo should appear attached to this thread. Happy holiday climbing!

Snowrunner
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I was on the left side of the headwall Sunday, and it took 16 cm screw all the way in. There was some wet section easily avoidable for more solid ice.