PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Tom

alpineclimb
02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Climbed a route there on Tuesday afternoon with a buddy. Don't know what one or name or anything but I can give a description...

Starting hiking up what looked like an easy exit gully. 1/3 the way up there was a cleft in the cliff with a 4 foot wide section of ice about 40 feet tall. A series of vertical bulges lead up with a 6" diameter tree for an anchor on the top left. Small rock stems helped. I'll post photos later to maybe help. Hiked directly up the scree field across from a small pull off on the access road.

alpinism
02-11-2010, 09:26 AM
What # pull out were you parked at from the 141 gate?

Randy J Goat
02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Anthony,think I have been on that one once before from the description.If it is what I think it is ,the other climbs would be a few hundred feet to climbers left.

alpineclimb
02-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't know what number pull off as we had to park outside the gate. We didn't get there until 3:30pm and had to hussle. We walked up the road maybe 10 minutes and headed up the scree field.

alpinism
02-19-2010, 12:44 PM
By only walking down the road 10 minutes you didn't reach the more popular spots. I have also done some small but steep ice ribbons a couple hundred yards in both direction from the second turn out. When you top out were you at the "UMASS" wind machine. That's a nice climb. Directly across from the 2nd turn out. Up and to the left. Really cool up there, approach is always sketchy without snow. Peace