PDA

View Full Version : Narrows - other than the usual suspects?

mroyer4
02-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Any reports on the conditions of climbs other than Main Flow, Main Gully, or Dead Dear? Seems its been cold enough for long enough that some other stuff might be in.

Thanks,

Mike

smike
02-11-2010, 08:06 AM
One can assume not much has changed since the weekend. Everything except the usual stuff was bone dry and meager at best. Cold was not the issue, but the lack of H2O. Now with a fresh snowpack (22) things should get moving on the more fickle stuff. Still might need a few more days. But the outlook is good.

briandellett
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Everything was running on Tuesday
The snow should insulate the ground more and provide plenty of water.

Cold is what ya need now

Crag
02-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Walked all the way north along RT32 (Blue House) on Saturday looking for something other than the usual suspects. (Disclaimer - viewed all non-usual suspects from the road. Closer inspection is warranted in some cases.)

Mixed Emotions - out
Hidden Amp - from what I could see maybe The Levitator
Locktender - The 2nd pitch pillar looked as if it was forming, needs closer inspection
Lock 20 South - Ice forming on the pitch 2, a little dry down low
Lock 20 - Much the same is L2S, needs closer inspection because of snow load.

After climbing on the Main Flow - we went over to the Main Gully and met up with a couple other parties two of which did walk south to look at Cigar &amp; 45MPH and didn't have much to say. My partner was Cigar this past Tuesday and back off because not much gear was to be found. Banana didn't show much promise at this point but while on MF I didn't pay it much attention <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Plenty of running water in the MG and also on MF.

As far as the Pencil - it may come in this year if the weather patterns hold.

As usual YMMV &amp; place gear early and often - <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Crag
02-15-2010, 06:59 AM
(edit) My partner was on Cigar. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif