PDA

View Full Version : Digi cam battery??

GEAR-HEAD
02-10-2007, 09:01 AM
No matter what I do( keep it close to my body, keep it in a stuff sack inside my belay jkt, keep it off) my battery will not keep a charge in cold weather. I just purchased a new one and the same thing.......I get maybe 2 hours per charge of intemittent use. Any help??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mtnmanmatt
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
I also have 2 batts that i will swap out when needed. A recently charged one will only last around a day+ out in the cold with heavy use (ie filling up my 256 card @ 5mp). An old partner would put a heat packet in the camera case to keep the batt warm which seemed like a good idea. Also, turning off your screen and using the viewfinder will save batt life. Other than that i dunno. As with any batt make sure it's fully DEcharged before REcharging it, and having a spare is always nice...

mediclimber
02-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't you think thst the heay pack could allow more moisture to get to the camera guts thereby ruining it?

icetool44
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Rechargeable (NiMh or NiCad) or alkiline batteries all get weaker as the temperature drops below freezing. LITHIUM is the answer, and more importantly, also for your headlamps. they are expensive will outlast many times the life of normal batteries, esp. in cameras. Maybe yours is a fixed rechargeable set, but sometimes these can also be made to hold Lithiums, I've done it.

GEAR-HEAD
02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately I thought of that and my camera is unable to accept anything but the original style battery it came with. Thanks though!

Anything else???

Extrablue
02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
ditto the heat packs, two taped around AAs works for me.

haroldson5
02-12-2007, 11:10 AM
What type batteries is that? Lithium options are found in many sizes.

GEAR-HEAD
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I believe the battery is a T5.......