PDA

View Full Version : Video editing program

F Bomb
02-28-2006, 04:13 PM
I am interested in purchasing some software to edit climbing/skiing video I have recorded. Wondering what software people have used and also any recommendations that can be made. I have used Windows movie maker but found it is very limited.
Thanks. <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

mainefinn
03-01-2006, 04:36 AM
I have found Final Cut is about as good as it gets...not sure if there is a windows version though, plus its kinda pricy

ThomasJCook
03-01-2006, 08:45 AM
The new mac mini's with the intel chips are out and for about $700 you get all of the iLife apps including iMovie. iMovie has all the power you will need for editing home movies and with iDVD thrown in you get a great DVD authoring tool too!

The mini plugs right into whatever keyboard and monitor you currently have... of course you could go for a new iMac with the built in LCD but for people who already have a monitor and keyboard and just want something for some simple video editing the mini with iMovie is the way to go.

Good Luck-
TJC

BillyBobRob
03-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Could you suggest something more powerful which runs on Linux (i.e. with all the bells and what not to carry out full video editing).

Thanks.

mainefinn
03-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Final Cut is full on but not sure if it runs with Linux. Final Cut will take some time to learn and my friends who use it heavily say they learn new stuff and short cuts constantly