PDA

View Full Version : Lost Rock Rack

steppinrazor
02-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Hey all,

I was down this past weekend for Ice fest and my partner and I foolishly left a rock rack hanging on a tree at the base of Dracula this past saturday morning/afternoon, 2/7/15. We had such a blast on the climb and forgot to grab it while getting our bags after the walk off. Also, we foolishly didn't realize it was missing until the following morning. We checked the base Sunday morning but to no avail. We also contacted IME to see if anyone had turned it in, no luck.

This is a longshot for sure, but I was wondering if anyone climbing Dracula this past Saturday or Sunday may have stumbled across it. It primarily comprises BD cams: C4 singles from #3 down to .4, with doubles of .5. There is a red, yellow, and green C3, one blue Metolius master cam, and a small rack of BD and Cassin stoppers. The rack is on an orange/white Mammut Dynema sling with a red piece of tape on it. All the pieces should be taped with blue/green/black electrical tape.

I'm obviously pretty bummed and have accepted the possibility of it being gone but figured I'd give the forums a shot. If anyone grabbed it or heard anything about it this past weekend I'd greatly appreciate any info or help. My email is [email protected] and phone number 203-581-2698.

Thanks, hope everyone has been getting after it with the wonderful conditions!
-Gian

Shayne
02-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Contact JGassel... He posted something in Lost & Found ;)

nightclimber
02-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Please read "Tradman's booty rules" you can find this post in the archives.

steppinrazor
02-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Thank you shayne!! And yes definitely will owe this person big time nightclimber

JGassel
02-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Just sent you an email steppinrazor.

JGassel
02-15-2015, 03:42 PM
The owner of the gear met up with me this afternoon and was happily reunited with the rack.

He bought two shiny new 10cm ice screws to offer as replacement for one that I happened to lose the same weekend as his rack. I couldn't take both, but did thankfully accept one. Really appreciate it, as I'm sure you did. Thanks again.

Hope to see you around.

- John

steppinrazor
02-16-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm the one who is still thanking you John! One stubbie was barely a suitable token of appreciation for finding and returning my gear. Thanks so much, hopefully see you out on the ice before this season comes to an end.

-Gian