PDA

View Full Version : Cannon 12/31/14

skalka
12-31-2014, 07:02 PM
The Black Dike was in very good shape today. The straight-up variation (rather than the rock traverse) was in, although the steep bit there was hollow and offered only air for my screws. Otherwise pro was good.

Fafnir looked marginal by normal standards, though I'm not so reliable a judge of Fafnir. Other stuff is all rebuilding- apparently very quickly, one of our screws had ~1cm of ice grown over by the time it was cleaned.

pcooke
01-03-2015, 04:17 PM
The Dike is in great shape straight up the runnel 1/1 and 1/2. Don't swing! You can practically hook your way up it!

Fafnir is in doable shape, but the ice in the upper half of the last pitch is verglas, forcing you into the loose blocky stuff way right. Be careful!

pcooke
01-03-2015, 04:17 PM
The Dike is in great shape straight up the runnel 1/1 and 1/2. Don't swing! You can practically hook your way up it!

Fafnir is in doable shape, but the ice in the upper half of the last pitch is verglas, forcing you into the loose blocky stuff way right. Be careful!

Climbvt
01-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Is this Chris Skalka, contact Jeff Cohen at [email protected] so we can get out!
if anyone who is reading this could also contact me about new posts on the sight, and discussion on making NE ice more user friendly!! I find it difficult to navigate and go where you want , specifically. I am willing to work with the developer(s) to improve the interface!!